AccommodationEngine.com values the personal information our users provide to us and we would not want to use your personal data in a way that you would not expect. This Privacy Notice explains how we protect your privacy and how you can control the use of your personal information. Having read this information, if you want to change the way in which we use your data or if you have a question about how your personal information is used please contactus directly by email: email@example.com
- Where and how we collect your personal information
- What personal information do we collect and hold about you
- How we use your personal information
- Sharing your personal information
- Your rights regarding our use of your personal information
- How we keep your personal information safe
- How long we keep your personal information
- What to do if you have a complaint or query about how we use your information
- Links to other websites
- Changes to this privacy notice
Where and how we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information about you in three ways:
- When you fill in the pop up form on our website.
- When you fill out an accommodation enquiry form on our website regarding a specific property.
- When you subscribe to our website newsletter.
What personal information do we collect about you?
When you fill in the pop up form or an accommodation form we collect:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your current University
- Your nationality
- Your current course of study
- Where you would like to study abroad
- Your mobile Phone Number
- The start and end date of your trip
Our legal basis for using your personal information
Under UK data protection law, we must have a valid basis for using your personal information and we may not collect store or use information other than as described in this policy. There are only two reasons how we use this information:
- Deal with your enquiry— when you make an enquiry with our website we need your information to know who you are, how to contact you, where you are from, what you are studying, where you will be studying and where you need accommodation.
- To help you with your trip— we use you contact information to send you links to areas of our website or other services that would be of you to you based on your application criteria.
How we use your personal information?
We need your personal information to accommodate your enquiries and to help you with your trip abroad:
- Provide you with the service or information you’ve requested
- Personalise your experience of our website to make recommendations that we think may be of interest to you
Sharing your personal information?
We do not sell your personal information to any other company for marketing purposes. AccommodationEngine.com will only share your information with third-party accommodation
providers. A list of these can be given to you on request. Third-party companies will be required to use your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection legislation currently in force.
Your rights regarding our use of your personal information?
You provide us with details of what we ‘can do’ with your data and have the right to manage your choices as detailed in How we use your personal information for marketing above.
- To know that your data is being processed.
- To access your personal data by making a Subject Access Request (SAR)
- To have your information corrected if inaccurate
- To data portability if applicable
- To request that your data be erased, to restrict processing, to object to processing and;
- To be made aware of your rights relating to automated decision making and profiling
Accessing your Data by Subject Access Request (SAR)
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you, this is known as a Subject Access Request (SAR). We will provide this to you free of charge once we have confirmed your identity within 30 days of receipt of your request. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us using the contact details in this policy. If we do hold information about you we will:
- Give you a description of it
- Tell you why we are holding it
- Tell you who it could be shared with
- Tell you how long we will keep the information
How we keep your personal information safe?
We use administrative and electronic security measures to ensure the information we collect about you is protected from access by unauthorised persons and protected against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. By using our website and/or services, you acknowledge and agree that, except to the extent required by the Data Protection laws, we shall not be responsible for any unauthorised use, distribution, damage or destruction of personal data. We will only retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as is required by law.
How long we keep your personal information?
The data that we receive is held on our system for a maximum of 2 years. Your information can be
deleted from our system upon request whenever you want. You must simply contact us via email:
firstname.lastname@example.org asking for your information to be deleted.
What to do if you have a complaint about our use of your personal information?
If you have a complaint about the information we hold or how we use that information, please
contact us (email@example.com). If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint was handled, you can refer your complaint to UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
Links to other websites
We link our website directly to other sites. This privacy notice does not cover the links within our site
linking to other websites and organisations. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Changes to this privacy notice